Senior Business Analyst, IT
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
GENEWIZ is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to join our IT department. This is an exciting opportunity to join a globally-successful genomics company and help bridge business needs with systems capabilities. If you have experience in Information Technology with a business mindset and you’re looking to further your career with an innovative and fast-paced company, we want to hear from you!
Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in-house build systems across the organization.
- Handle full lifecycle management of business requirements
- Create systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- Execute test cases and report execution results
- Retest defects after resolution as necessary
- Communicate any project issues/concerns to business
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or Life Sciences required
- 5+ years’ experience in Business Analysis, gathering and analyzing business requirements and system future goals, transforming business rules into functional requirements/use cases for the technical team.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, planning, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Extensive Knowledge of SDLC process in Agile or Iterative development
- Experience testing web applications preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, particularly in Excel, Word and
- Experience in Microsoft SQL (including select and join statements) preferred
- Experience testing cloud/mobile applications
- Experience leading a broad range of multiple, simultaneous projects preferred
- Helping troubleshoot production support for existing systems and finding solutions for issues found
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare.
Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ