Laboratory Technician I
Location: Suite 400, South San Francisco, California, United States of America
GENEWIZ is looking for a full-time Laboratory Technician to join our South San Francisco, CA Genetic Analysis team.
Position Title: Laboratory Technician I
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Why Work at GENEWIZ:
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to have fun while making a difference by supporting genomics researchers through quality laboratory processing We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. We are firm believers of promoting from within and many of our Managers started with GENEWIZ in entry-level positions. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Our Lab Techs are:
Quality driven processers. When our customers send us samples for sequencing, they help to prepare and process these samples as quickly and as awesomely as possible, while maintaining the highest quality standards in the industry. They prepare DNA templates which include preparation, amplification and PCR purification and load these samples onto the sequencers. They also work to prepare buffers and other related solutions.
Customer focused. Our Lab Techs strictly adhere to laboratory SOPs to ensure quality and safety and often communicate with our customers via email. They understand our customer needs with empathy and know that everything they do is making a difference.
The best at what they can be. They are proactive, multi-taskers, able to meet tight deadlines, and strive in fast-paced work environments. They understand the big picture, while paying attention to the details. We even have a dedicated training program to ensure our Lab Techs are set up for success.
If you’re great at:
- Paying attention to the details
- Meeting deadlines and working under pressure
- Learning and retaining new concepts quickly
- Being an effective team-player committed to our goals
If you’re awesome at:
- Naturally being a Night Owl that can work a Monday to Friday 6pm-2:30am shift and periodically rotate into a Tuesday to Friday 6:00pm to 2:30am and Saturday 3:00pm to 11:30pm shift
- Being open and adaptable to changes
- Having fun while working to achieve goals
What you will need:
- High School Diploma required
- AAS Degree or equivalent lab work experience preferred
- 1+ years of lab work experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
Visit our Careers page at https://careers.genewiz.com/ to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ