Associate Scientist, Clinical Development
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Are you a science nerd looking to work in a lab setting? Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in biology and passion for making a difference in the Life Science industry? Do you want to be part of a team that enjoys a challenge but also knows how to have fun? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you could be a perfect fit for our growing team!
The Associate Scientist position in our Clinical Services department is a great entry-level role with room for growth and advancement. If you have the desire to work in a casual yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation- then you’re just what we’re looking for!
Title: Associate Scientist I
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Prepare amplified template libraries for high-throughput sequencing
- Carry out DNA sequencing on next-generation DNA analyzers
- Perform routine maintenance of DNA analyzers and related equipment
- Check inventory and replenish consumable sequencing supplies
- Communicate with customers by phone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner
- Follow SOPs and guidance of supervisors
- Be an effective team-player committed to company goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences required
- Previous experience in a CLIA lab or GxP (GLP, GMP, GCLP,GCP) lab
- 1+ years biological lab experience is required
- Knowledge of standard laboratory processes
- Follow and help to develop Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)
- Strong communications/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services that contribute to the advancement of life sciences and technologies.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation