Senior Associate Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services that contribute to the advancement of life sciences and technologies.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Senior Associate Scientist to join our Regulatory Services team.
Title: Senior Associate Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Carry out PCR and sequencing, Mutation Analysis, Plasmid DNA Preparation, cDNA/gDNA Verification, Site-directed Mutagenesis, DNA Cloning and related molecular biology projects where applicable
- Related tasks to include but are not limited to: PCR amplification, post-reaction preparations, sequencing data analysis, DNA/RNA extractions, cDNA generation, DNA transformation, and restriction digest analysis
- Handle more than one type of MB order independently including DNA prep, mutation analysis, cDNA verification, mutagenesis, and primer walking
- Knowledge of using CLIMS for sample submission/data retrieval for sequencing orders as well as project data delivery and ERP for project handling and customer communication tracking
- Contribute to project design, data analysis, trouble shooting and project report
- Communicate with customers by phone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner to assist with simple troubleshooting efforts
- Perform routine maintenance of key equipment, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences is required
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences is preferred
- 5+ years of previous lab experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Closely follow Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ