Intern, Molecular Genetics
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Are you a science nerd looking to work in a lab setting? Do you want to be part of a team that enjoys a challenge but also knows how to have fun? If you answered yes to these questions, you could be a perfect fit for our growing team!
GENEWIZ is seeking an Intern to join our Molecular Genetics department.
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- This position will be mostly a non-bench operations support internship with some exposure to the lab techniques for increased understanding
- Assist in building a primer library database
- Input primer design information into a primer database (primer sequences, PCR conditions) for increased efficiency within the team.
- Pull information/content on what genes the primer sets amplify for an educational piece for both the intern and the team (diseases or functions that the gene supports) and may set PCR to confirm assay conditions.
- Enrolled in or completed a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field
- Basic scientific knowledge of general biology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in team environment.
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services that contribute to the advancement of life sciences and technologies.