Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
GENEWIZ is seeking an Intern to join our Next Generation Sequencing Department’s Bioinformatics team.
Title: Intern, Bioinformatics – Next Generation Sequencing
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Process raw NGS data including but not limited to de-multiplexing FASTQ generation, adaptor trimming, and data QC
- Analyze RNA-seq data using both commercial and open source software
- Align and perform variant analysis on human, mouse, and other organisms
- Perform additional bioinformatics tasks
- Active pursuit or completion of BS/MS in Life Sciences, Bioinformatics or Engineering required
- Must be comfortable in Linux environment
- Ability to code in one or more of the following languages: Python, Perl, Shell, R, Java, or SQL
- Experience handling Next Generation Sequencing data a plus
- Must have strong attention to detail and strictly adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ability to multitask
- Highly motivated and well organized Team player attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.