Team Lead - San Diego (La Jolla), CA
Location: Suite 140, La Jolla, California, United States of America
GENEWIZ is looking for a full-time Team Lead to join our San Diego, CA, Genetic Analysis (Sanger Sequencing) team.
Position: Team Lead
Location: San Diego (La Jolla), CA
Why Work at GENEWIZ:
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to have fun while making a difference by supporting genomics researchers through quality laboratory processing. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. We are firm believers of promoting from within and many of our Managers started with GENEWIZ in entry-level positions. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Our Team Leads are:
People focused. As a Team Lead, you will manage a team of Laboratory Technicians to ensure departmental goals and objectives are met. You will participate in hiring, onboarding, and off-boarding activities for team members in conjunction with HR and management. You will work with your team members on performance management initiatives and activities including, but not limited to goal setting, on-going performance feedback, and performance evaluations. You will be key in mentoring, coaching, and developing your team members to promote a high performing, results oriented and engaged work culture.
Customer focused. You understand our customer needs with empathy and know that everything they do is making a difference. You will hold your team accountable in adhering to laboratory SOPs (standard operations procedures) to ensure quality and safety and will often communicate with our customers via email.
The best at what they can be. Our team leads are proactive, results oriented, people and customer focused, able to meet tight deadlines, and strive in fast-paced work environments. They understand the big picture and can lead a team to achieve departmental objectives.
If you’re great at:
- Establishing team culture through leadership and employee development
- Focusing on people and customer needs
- Meeting deadlines and working under pressure
- Being an effective leader committed to delivering goals
If you’re awesome at:
- Being flexible and can work a Monday to Friday, 1:00pm to 9:30pm shift
- Being open and adaptable to changes
- Having fun while working to achieve goals
What you will need:
- High School Diploma with 3 years of related supervisory experience required
- Previous experience in laboratory or manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- B.S. degree in Life Sciences with at least one year of related experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential