Business Development Manager
Location: Remote - US
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make a difference. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees and we are firm believers of promoting from within. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Purpose of the Position:
Drive organizational growth opportunities and expansion in collaboration with other Business Development personnel specifically focusing on Next Generation Sequencing. Define commercial strategies that expand across the customer value chain, prospect/establish strategic partnerships, and collaborate with key stakeholders to drive NGS business development initiatives.
This position will be remote.
- Prospect and evaluate commercial partnerships to expand GENEWIZ’s footprint in supporting genomic outsourced services further driving increased revenue.
- Drive new commercialization strategies to support NGS services portfolio.
- Develop a clear understanding of all contracts relevant to partnerships and work with internal team members to ensure flawless execution.
- Build relationships with executives at partner organizations, enabling identification, development of and support of new or expanded opportunities.
- Identify untapped and underdeveloped markets, such as consortiums, foundations and other complementary markets to drive revenue.
- Identify and engage with Key Opinion Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, and in key accounts to determine market trends and obtain insights which will drive internal growth initiatives.
- Monitor growing areas in genomics and evaluate business aspects in relation to corporate initiatives
- Stay informed on pharmaceutical industry, regulatory environment, emerging policy developments and client priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science or Business discipline
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical/biotech clients and their business/needs
- Deep understanding of platforms and applications within next generation sequencing and supporting techniques are required
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to quickly analyze and apply relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams to increase program ROI and effectiveness.
- Track record of effective cross-functional collaboration is required
- Minimum 5 years in alliance management/client service/customer success/serving Life Sciences sector (Pharma / Biotech)
- Preferably 5 years working with companies who serviced Life Sciences companies in supporting NGS
- Domestic travel up to 25% is required