Business Development Manager
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make a difference. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees and we are firm believers of promoting from within. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Purpose of the Position:
Drive organizational growth opportunities and expansion in collaboration with other Business Development personnel. Define commercial strategies that expand across the customer value chain, prospect/establish strategic partnerships, and collaborate with key stakeholders to drive BD initiatives.
The preference for this position is to be located in South Plainfield NJ/greater NJ area, Pennsylvania, Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA with consideration given to remote candidates anywhere in the US.
- Identify ways to greater penetrate clinical groups at pharmaceutical and biotechnology accounts for specialty laboratory services.
- Directly engage with key accounts in coordination with internal stakeholders. Help drive expansion of new/emerging business units with pharmaceutical companies.
- Drive new commercialization strategies in clinical development across the service and product portfolio.
- Prospect and evaluate commercial partnerships to bridge gaps in clinical trials and diagnostic service portfolio.
- Identify and engage with Key Opinion Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, and in key accounts to determine market trends and obtain insights which will drive internal growth initiatives.
- Monitor growing areas in genomics and evaluate business aspects in relation to corporate initiatives
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree preferred. In lieu of a degree, requisite experience will be considered.
- A concentration in Biology is preferred.
- Understanding of clinical trials and diagnostics is required
- A minimum of three years of experience is required
- Understanding of clinical trials and diagnostics with a preference for molecular assays is required
- Experience working with pharma procurement and/or CROs required
- Experience with genomics services/genetics is required
- Knowledge of Next generation sequencing is strongly preferred
- Customer facing experience is required
- Track record of effective cross-functional collaboration is required
- Domestic travel up to 25% is required