Technical Application Scientist
Location: Suite 400, South San Francisco, California, United States of America
We are looking to welcome an experienced Technical Application Scientist to join our growing team! Do you have experience with Next Generation Sequencing and knowledge of up-and-coming genomics technologies? Do you have excellent communication, a penchant for travel, a go-getter attitude, and experience in business development? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, you could be the perfect fit for our team!
We are seeking Technical Application Scientist to join our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) team.
This position is the main liaison between our diverse customer base and our extensive lab, providing a fast-paced learning environment for the scientist who wants to enter the booming genomics market on our fun team. We offer a competitive compensation package and an environment that promotes open critical thinking and change.
- Develop NGS business by visiting prospective and current customers, attending vendor shows and conferences, and providing technical webinars and poster presentations.
- Research the market to understand customers’ unmet needs. Work with internal R&D teams and/or external partners to develop and commercialize novel genomics solutions. Serve as the main internal technical liaison to train Sales and Marketing.
- Contribute to various initiatives to improve user/customer experience, value propositions, brand awareness, and market share.
- Work with various internal teams to provide customers with superior pre-sale consultation and after-sale technical support. Communicate project requirements, status, and deadlines with customers and internal teams.
- MS Degree in Biological Sciences required
- PhD in Biological Sciences preferred
- Strong knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing, both wet and dry lab, required
- Experience with NGS platforms such as Illumina NovaSeq, PacBio and/or 10x Genomics preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on Next Generation Sequencing experience, both wet and dry lab, preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to travel overnight domestically (up to 50%)
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
GENEWIZ has a strong commitment to both our customers and driving research forward. We utilize the latest technology (Illumina NovaSeq, PacBio Sequel, 10x Genomics) across a wide-array of research areas (Oncology, Immunology, Metagenomics, Agriculture) to answer almost every biological question.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.