Scientist II, Bioinformatics Developer
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
GENEWIZ is seeking a Scientist II to join our Next Generation Sequencing team. This position would have a strong focus on Bioinformatics.
Title: Scientist II
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
This Scientist II role is focused on NGS bioinformatics analysis pipeline development, client support, and infrastructure development. The Scientist II will focus on developing, testing, deploying, training and maintenance of bioinformatics pipelines supporting many different NGS workflows and analytical end points. Will also be asked to analyze custom projects (both for clients and internal development initiatives) and provide insights/ideas on future development initiatives. Lastly, will work closely with internal teams to support and expand our automation and infrastructure.
- Lead improvement of existing analysis pipelines and reports
- Lead development of novel pipelines for new or expanded services
- Perform data analysis and generate reports for internal and external customers
- Interface with customers to deliver and explain project results
- Evaluate and identify new NGS analysis solutions
- Conduct literature search for various genomics research areas
- Collaborate with bioinformatics team members and IT team on infrastructure initiatives
- M.S. in Bioinformatics with 2-4 years of experience required
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics with 0-2 years of experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of key biological processes and NGS technology required
- Broad experience in bioinformatics analysis of data from various NGS applications
- Highly proficient in a linux environment
- High programming proficiency in at least two of the following Java, HTML, Perl, R or Python
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Cloud pipeline development experience preferred
- Machine learning, database development, or big data analytics preferred
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.