NGS Scientist (Part-Time, Night-Shift)
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services that contribute to the advancement of life sciences and technologies.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Scientist to join our Next Generation Sequencing team.
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Carry out routine NGS lab duties including qPCR, multiplexing and sequencing
- Work closely with other team members to ensure timely and effective completion of projects
- Perform routine maintenance of sequencers and other equipment
- Assist with sequencing troubleshooting efforts
- Check inventory and replenish consumables
- Prepare buffers and related solutions
- Develop and improve Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Supervise and support a sub-team of Associate Scientist level team members
- BS in Biological Sciences or related discipline with 5+ years of related lab experience required
- MS in Biological Sciences or related discipline with 3+ years of related lab experience preferred
- Experience in a Next Generation Sequencing lab required
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Highly motivated and well organized
- Independent, detailed oriented, team player
- Closely follow Standard Operating Protocols (SOPs)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to react to situations with a sense of urgency
This role is 30 hours-per-week working a flexible night shift schedule starting around 4PM after the initial training period. The training period work shift schedule will be approximately M-F 10AM to 4PM.