Manager Information Technology II
Location: Leipzig, Saxony, Germany
Brooks is seeking an experienced Manager to lead all aspects of IS/IT user support for our offices across Europe. The priority will be the provision of a high level of service for end-users related to desktops and devices, office productivity, communication and collaboration tools, on-boarding set-ups, printers, and other related tools. Primary responsibility is for client and site support across Europe: 3 sites in the UK, 6 sites in Germany, 2 sites in Switzerland, altogether totaling approximately 600 users. In support of Brooks dynamic and growing business environment, the immediate focus for the position will be understanding what is in place today and assessing the balance of staffing and skills sets between the UK and Germany\Switzerland to optimize performance.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure daily user-support operations, providing technical support;
- Support and optimize a small team, approximately 3-4 direct reports and 1-2 contractor reports; ensure staff capability, engagement, and development;
- Focus department on application and desktop support, process improvement, procurement, and customer service, to include the following: Maintain support to established standards and IT Service Level Agreement; Procurement of standard equipment to include price quotes, ordering, and cost reduction efforts; Equipment deployment and redistribution of used equipment; Plan and ensure appropriate inventory; After hours support; Manage all aspects of client relationships to include new employee set-ups & user training.
- Proactively collaborate within and outside of department to identify and implement process improvements
- Establish and monitor department metrics and key performance indicators
- Lead or participate in IS/IT projects, acquisition integration efforts
Qualifications and Skills include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years as an IT/IS professional, to include track record of success in fast-paced, dynamic, and growing organizations; Experience in managerial role is preferred
- Experience setting up and managing servers, setting up and managing local area networks, setting up and managing wide area networks, setting up and managing personal computers.
- Required in-depth experience with endpoint hardware, operating systems and applications
- Project Management experience & process improvement tools and concepts a plus