Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Lab Accessioner to join our Next Generation Sequencing team.
Title: Lab Accessioner
Location: South Planfield
- Receiving specimens and accessioning in the LIMS system. Accurately identify, label and transport specimen to designated lab area.
- Properly comment any additional or missing information and contact office staff with a request.
- Promptly notifies immediate supervisor of exceptions and/or unusual occurrences.
- Properly handles and stores ambient, refrigerated, and frozen specimens. Properly discard specimen according to SOP.
- Pack and ship remaining specimens back to customers upon request.
- Properly operate centrifuges, dispose of contaminated materials, keep work areas supplied and clean.
- Assist lab scientists with the operation of standard laboratory instruments.
- Clean work area, surrounding laboratory after completion of work day.
- Handle hazardous waste in accordance to preset policies, protocols and regulatory standards.
- Perform routine laboratory assistant duties according to SOP.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus
- Understanding of Laboratory quality control and assurance preferred
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.