Technical Application Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
We are looking to welcome an experienced Technical Application Scientist to join our growing team! Do you have experience with Next Generation Sequencing and knowledge of up-and-coming genomics technologies? Do you have excellent communication, a penchant for travel, a go-getter attitude, and experience in business development? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, you could be the perfect fit for our team!
We are seeking Technical Application Scientist to join our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) team.
Title: Technical Application Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey
- Understand the biology behind a customer’s project and using your scientific expertise to recommend a suite of cutting-edge technologies to solve their biological questions.
- Work with the lab to deliver project updates and troubleshoot aberrant results.
- Research the future of high-throughput genomics to guide development and business decisions.
- Communicate project requirements, status, and deadlines with customers and internal teams
- Design and execute customer care workflows
- Promote NGS business by visiting prospective and current customers, attending vendor shows and conferences, and providing technical webinars and poster presentations
- Assist Marketing with various initiatives to improve value propositions, brand awareness, and market share
- Train Sales, Marketing, and PM on NGS services and solutions
- Work with various internal teams to provide customers with superior pre-sale consultation and after-sale technical support
- MS Degree in Biological Sciences required
- PhD in Biological Sciences preferred
- Strong knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing, both wet and dry lab, required
- 2+ years of hands-on Next Generation Sequencing experience, both wet and dry lab, preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to travel overnight (up to 50%)
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
GENEWIZ has a strong commitment to both our customers and driving research forward. GENEWIZ utilizes the latest technology (Illumina NovaSeq, PacBio Sequel, 10x Genomics) across a wide-array of research areas (Oncology, Immunology, Metagenomics, Agriculture) to answer almost every biological question. This position is the main liaison between our diverse customer base and our extensive lab, providing a fast-paced learning environment for the scientist that wants to enter the booming genomics market in our fun team.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.