Product Manager, Gene Synthesis
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is looking to welcome an experienced Product Manager to join our Gene Synthesis team.
If you have a passion for genomics and go-getter attitude, we want to hear from you!
Title: Product Manager
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make a difference. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees and we are firm believers of promoting from within. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
The Product manager develops specific commercialization plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena. Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Partner with Product Marketing to direct market research, competition monitoring and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies. Works with R&D, manufacturing, Sales and Marketing to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Manages one or more gene synthesis service lines; expected to participate in or drive additional projects
- Manages the life cycle of products including pricing, discount schedules, driving efficiency, cost reduction efforts and product format.
- Identifies emerging trends or technologies and develops a plan to address corresponding customer needs.
- Understands customers and translates their product needs into market opportunity. Transforms market opportunities and customer needs into profitable solutions and satisfied customer.
- Defines customer requirements and product specifications to enable the development of the excellent products to support new customer growth and increase market share.
- Champions product development within their product line internally and externally
- Works cross-functionally with members of various functional departments within GENEWIZ and customers to ensure products can and do meet customer requirements/specifications
- Demonstrates and upholds behavior consistent with GENEWIZ Core Values and delivers the GENEWIZ experience to customers and other business associates.
- Works independently and with limited supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or related Life Science degree
- Minimum of 3 years of solid experience in Molecular Biology, synthetic biology or related life sciences discipline (Required)
- Prior experience as Product Manager or involvement in the successful development or commercialization of new products (Preferred)
- Demonstrated leadership and partnering skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver scientific podium presentations and generally communicate at peer to peer level with customers.
- Ability to work effectively across a large organization and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Experienced and effective communicator in high level customer interactions, including sensitive negotiating and support situations.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to tackle new challenges.
- Ability to lead teams to overcome issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.