Business Process Manager
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is looking to welcome an experienced Business Process Manager to join our Gene Synthesis team.
If you have a passion for genomics and go-getter attitude, we want to hear from you!
Title: Business Process Manager
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make a difference. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees and we are firm believers of promoting from within. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Work closely with the business leader and apply knowledge acquired on Gene Synthesis business operation to a variety of tasks related to controlling, designing, executing, and evaluating business processes.
- Understand customer’s demands to quickly adapt to the Gene Synthesis market trend and establish corresponding business strategies to facilitate/maintain continuous growth of the business.
- Utilizing the knowledge on the scientific aspects of the Gene Synthesis business, work with the operation team to identify areas of improvement or challenges and implement/monitor new strategies to ensure top quality service delivery
- Work cross-functionally to bring innovations into business processes with the aim of achieving a scalable business model while maintaining top level performance.
- Answer to both short-term and long-term business goals and objectives by rapid action plans.
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or related Life Science degree, required
- Minimum of 3 years of solid experience in Molecular Biology, synthetic biology or related life sciences discipline, required
- Prior experience as Project Manager or customer-facing role in CRO or related industry
- Strong business mindset and the ability to have a vision of the big picture and the long-term goals.
- Demonstrated leadership and partnering skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver scientific and business-related podium presentations and generally communicate at peer to peer level with customers or within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively across a large organization and ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to tackle new challenges.
- Ability to lead teams to overcome issues.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.