Associate Customer Support Scientist (Remote)
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
GENEWIZ is seeking an Associate Customer Support Scientist I to join our Technical Support department working remotely on an evening shift. The first 8 weeks of this position will be on a part-time schedule (25 hours per week) from 1:30PM to 6:30PM US/ET for training purposes. This role will be full-time (40 hours per week) upon successful completion of the initial training period.
Upon completion of the training the schedule for this role will be from 1:30PM to 10:00PM US/ET. The ideal candidate will work the evening shift to support several business lines. This position is a non-bench role that works closely with customers and the lab in order to effectively manage the customer interaction with GENEWIZ.
Title: Associate Customer Support Scientist (Remote)
Location: Remote based
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, and live chat in a friendly and professional manner
- Evaluate and publish customer DNA sequencing data according to priorities and deadlines
- Provide basic customized troubleshooting to customers
- Prioritize and multi-task a large volume of tasks and responsibilities efficiently
- Follow SOPS and guidance from supervisors and account managers
- Provide support to other services supported by Technical Support and to related GENEWIZ/ Brooks Life Sciences business units
- Take ownership of issues and work independently towards resolution
- Assist with creating and completing internal projects to increase efficiency
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- BS/BA Degree in Life Sciences required
- Strong background in molecular biology is preferred. Specifically, experience with PCR, cloning, plasmid preparation and Sanger Sequencing is preferred but not required
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- 1+ years of lab work experience is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Functions well in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment
- Ability to react to situations with a “sense of urgency”
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ