Product Marketing Manager
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
The purpose of the Product Marketing Manager is to drive marketing initiatives, projects and strategic market research designed to promote, support and grow current GENEWIZ service lines. Post-docs with interest in business encouraged to apply!
Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Analyze market trends in Synthetic Biology or Next-Generation Sequencing and characterize the competitive landscape to identify target markets and develop lead generation strategies for the GENEWIZ Gene Synthesis or Next Generation Sequencing service lines
- Identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through new Synthetic Biology, Gene Synthesis, Next-Generation Sequencing, or Protein Engineering services or service differentiation by representing the voice of the customer
- Evaluate and communicate competitive threats, strengths and weaknesses, and fine-tune service offerings and forecasts accordingly
- Work with business leaders and stakeholders to define pricing strategy, service positioning and differentiation within the Gene Synthesis, Synthetic Biology, Protein Engineering, or Next-Generation Sequencing markets
- Support enterprise and business unit planning and forecasting
- Work with marketing communications to develop content and strategies for outbound communication and sales collateral for all GENEWIZ synthetic biology products and services.
- Develop and implement company-wide go-to-market plans for new services and work with all departments to execute
- Master's degree in Business or Life Sciences required
- Ph.D. in Business or Life Science preferred. Post-docs with interest in business encouraged to apply!
- 3+ years of post-graduate school experience in academia or in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with a focus on genomics research, marketing, product management, or market research required.
- 4-6 + years of post-graduate school experience in academia or in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with a focus on genomics research, marketing, product management, or market research preferred
- Experience in customer-facing position within the biotechnology or science industry preferred
- Strong understanding of genomics, synthetic biology, gene synthesis, next-generation sequencing and molecular biology products and services
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written skills are essential