UX Designer - Marketing
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships. All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity.
Our number one strength is our people. With more than 3,000 employees worldwide, Brooks is dedicated to fostering a culture where achievement and merit are always recognized, both in team and individual circumstances. We believe in the power of our collective differences. The market leading products and services that we offer to our customers stem directly from the diverse experiences, ideas and perspectives of our global workforce. We continuously strive to foster an inclusive working culture that values and respects differences.
Brooks is seeking innovative thinkers who enjoy rolling up their sleeves, thriving within a fast-moving environment and conducting themselves with the utmost integrity. We pride ourselves on being a great place to advance both a career and a character, thanks to a culture that is infused with a sense of learning, growth and possibility.
This entry level User Experience (UX) Designer will have the opportunity to work with IT, business, customer support, and marketing stakeholders to design software and platforms that meet scientists needs. The position will include projects that combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. Ultimately, the aim is to generate experience across platforms that are more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep current of competitor products and industry trends
Education & Experience
- Proven experience as a UX Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind
- Willingness to collaborate
- Excellent written/ verbal communication skills
- BSc in UX Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field