Manager, Gene Editing
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is looking to welcome an experienced GENE Editing Manager to join our GENE Editing team.
If you have a passion for genomics and go-getter attitude, we want to hear from you!
Title: Manager, Gene Editing
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make a difference. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees and we are firm believers of promoting from within. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
The Manager will be a key member for this service in helping to establish a strong function and team that can deliver value-based GENE Editing offerings to our customers. The Manager will be responsible for providing technical leadership to lead the efforts for developing, validating, and implementing new Gene Editing workflows, services, and solutions.
A Day in the life:
- Lead and manage Gene Editing operation to achieve its business objectives
- Develop value propositions to customers and prospects of Gene Editing
- Monitor and improve competitiveness of Gene Editing positioning
- Develop effective strategies and approaches to grow service line
- Ensure personnel are hired and trained to perform their jobs effectively
- Develop performance metrics and schedule weekly or bi-weekly one-on-one meetings to provide feedback to key team members
- Engage other interdependent groups such as Sales & Marketing, PM and BD to market and sell Gene Editing services
• Provide customized consultation services based on an intrinsic knowledge of GENEWIZ’s service options for Gene Editing service
What you will need:
- A PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline is required
- 5+ years of Gene Editing related experience
- Expertise in a range of gene editing techniques, including CRISPR, plasmid construction, cell culture, cell transfection, virus (lentivirus and AAV) packaging
- Management experience is preferred
- Customer interaction experience is required
- Strong communications/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, are essential
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.