Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Scientist I to join our GENE Editing team.
Title: Scientist I
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Independently design and/or troubleshoot complex issues with CRISPR Gene Editing and Virus Packaging
- Provide customized consultation services based on an intrinsic knowledge of GENEWIZ’s service options for Gene Editing service
- Develop new operational procedures and improve existing procedures for process improvement
- Be able to effectively summarize and clearly report on a wide range of service line related tasks
- Drives execution of the project in a manner that achieves delivery, project goals/objectives and the agreed plan without compromising project deliverables or relationships.
- Review and sign-off on quotes and project reports written by junior group members
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline is required
- Post-doctoral work experience preferred
- Bilingual in Mandarin strongly preferred
- Knowledge of gene editing techniques, including CRISPR, plasmid construction, cell culture, cell transfection, virus (lentivirus and AAV) packaging preferred
- Experience working with CRISPR on mammalian cell line, and working in a regulatory environment are preferred
- Experience performing laboratory work at a biosafety level 2 (BSL-2) level
- Team player with a strong customer orientation
- Ability to multi-task with a drive to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented, with a strong recordkeeping skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ