Location: Remote - US, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Data Steward to join our organization. This position can be performed remotely.
Title: Data Steward
The Data Steward is part of a global team responsible for customer data management and governance for the Enterprise. The role of the Data Steward is to manage, investigate, and resolve data quality issues in enterprise applications, via deletion and merging, while safeguarding against data loss within and across Cloud-based platforms. Data stewards also guide decision makers in determining where to place specific data while considering business purposes, and how the location of certain data will incur risks.
Data Stewards participate in organizational governance activities, have a solid understanding of the data needs of the business, and are the key implementers and enforcers of data policies, processes, procedures and standards set out by the Data Governance Policies.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and implement a data management strategy, including user policies and training materials, set refresh cycles, and statistical reporting for achieving and maintaining high data quality
- Work alongside IT staff as well as senior management to:
- Coordinate data management with business strategies
- Develop and maintain a data integration strategy
- Develop and maintain a data security strategy
- Ensure that project management and software development methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to achieve high quality data
Acquisition & Deployment
- Ensure that new systems, applications, and data integration measures adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures
- Stay abreast of new products in the data management market, conducting research on emerging trends and developments that could support the business
- Identify and ensure the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness, in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Execute audits periodically to ensure that data is being properly managed in the Cloud, and that legal or security requirements are consistently being met
- Perform data profiling on a regular basis and generate data quality statistics. The results of these audits should be communicated to the owner of the data, and tied into service level agreements (SLAs) between data entry personnel, IT, and the appropriate business units
- Devise, coordinate, and conduct mass data-cleansing initiatives for the purpose of purging and eliminating corrupt or redundant information from corporate databases
- Identify causes of poor data quality, implement solutions, and communicate findings to employees, management, and stakeholders
- Develop and enforce methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring data quality, and accuracy at the point of entry
- Work collaboratively with the system architects to develop methods for synchronizing data entering company systems from multiple points, and within Cloud-based infrastructure
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols, and standards that will support the data management strategy
- College diploma or university degree in the field of information management/knowledge management, and/or 2-3 years equivalent work experience
Knowledge & Experience:
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Previous exposure to Cloud data integration and management
- Specific knowledge of ERP Systems; Oracle Cloud and CRM (Salesforce.com preferred) platforms is required
- Extensive experience with using the internet for search
- Hands-on experience with customer and/or user experience
- Strong understanding of data entry/update best practices
- Multi-lingual in English, Mandarin, and/or Japanese is a plus
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into data issues and as required
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ