Scientist I - Project Management (Remote)
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
GENEWIZ is seeking a Scientist I to join our Project Management team. This is a non-bench role that works closely with customers and the lab in order to effectively manage the customer interaction with GENEWIZ.
Title: Scientist I
- Independently design and/or troubleshoot complex issues with gene synthesis, cloning, mutagenesis, library synthesis and custom molecular biology projects.
- Provide customized consultation services based on an intrinsic knowledge of GENEWIZ’s service options for Molecular biology and gene synthesis services
- Develop new operational procedures and improve existing procedures based on customer’s feedback.
- Be able to effectively summarize and clearly report on a wide range of service line related tasks
- Work in collaboration with molecular biology scientists in other operations team to help troubleshoot complex issues.
- Drives execution of the project in a manner that achieves delivery, product goals/objectives and the agreed plan without compromising project deliverables or relationships.
- Review and sign-off on quotes and project reports written by junior group members
- A PhD in Molecular Biology or a related discipline is required
- 0-4 years post-doctoral work experience
- Expertise in a range of molecular biology techniques, including gene synthesis, PCR, molecular cloning, mutagenesis, vector design,
- Past experience in working with multiple expression systems, and working in a regulatory environment are preferred
- Team player with a strong customer orientation
- Ability to multi-task with a drive to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented, with a strong recordkeeping skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ