Senior Associate Scientist, Clinical Services
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services.
We are seeking an Sr Associate Scientist to join our Clinical Development Services department. This position will primarily be responsible for various laboratory operations from sample accessioning to data generation in our regulated lab. If you have the desire to work in a fun yet results-driven environment that embraces innovation- then you’re just what we’re looking for!
Title: Senior Associate Scientist I
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Sample receipt and accessioning
- Independently carry out nucleic acid extractions from a variety of sample types
- Perform quantitative PCR (qPCR) set-up and data analysis
- Prepare libraries for NGS sequencing
- Carry out DNA sequencing on next-generation DNA analyzers
- Perform routine maintenance of DNA analyzers and related equipment
- Check inventory and replenish consumable sequencing supplies
- Follow SOPs and guidance of supervisors
- Support efforts to validate new or updated procedures
- Be an effective team-player committed to company goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences required
- Masters Degree in Biological Sciences preferred
- 5+ years molecular biology laboratory experience is required
- Experience working in a regulatory environment (e.g. CLIA/CAP, GLP, GMP, GCLP, and/or GCP) is required
- Experience with multiple NGS assay types required
- Follow and help to develop Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)
- Strong communications/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, and attention to detail are essential.
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services that contribute to the advancement of life sciences and technologies.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.