Sales Associate II
Location: 15 Elizabeth Drive, Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States of America
GENEWIZ is a leading provider of genomics services to over 4,000 institutions around the world. We enable research scientists in the life sciences to advance their discoveries faster than ever before. Now a part of Brooks Life Sciences, GENEWIZ leads the industry with our unique and proprietary technologies backed by specialized experts in Sanger sequencing, gene synthesis, next generation sequencing, and GLP/CLIA regulatory-compliant services.
We are seeking energetic, self-reliant individuals who can translate innovative solutions into sales. Ideal candidates will have a successful track record in supporting territory development and demonstrated sales results. You will have the benefit of working with and learning from a team of individuals with in-depth knowledge and expertise of our multitude of Service offerings. This position is an ideal opportunity for individuals who demonstrate the ability to effectively manage work independently and are able to travel (rated occasional).
The key focus areas of this position include the following:
- Create sales strategy with the support of Regional Manager
- Conduct marketing and sales independently in academic and small biotech accounts
- Conduct vendor shows, lunch and learns in academic and small biotech accounts
- Support the designated Sales Executives/Representatives/Managers in their efforts to grow the business
- Support field reps from the office including lead generation, email campaigns, maintaining customer relationship management system (CRM/Salesforce) and project data bases (CLIMS)
- Prepare reports as needed for territory and account management
- Learn and develop a mastery of required technical service line knowledge, skills, and job responsibilities
Qualified candidates will have at least a 4-year undergraduate degree (Biology or Life Science, preferred) and 3+ years of related experience preferably in the direct Biotech market. Experience in Molecular Biology is desirable as well as the ability to sell into academic accounts, research institutions and small to mid-size biotech accounts.
We offer very competitive sales compensation and benefit packages. We currently have an opening in the Los Angeles Area.