Location: Remote - US, United States of America
GENEWIZ is a leading provider of genomics services to over 4,000 institutions around the world. We enable research scientists in the life sciences to advance their discoveries faster than ever before. Now a part of Brooks Life Sciences, GENEWIZ leads the industry with our unique and proprietary technologies backed by specialized experts in Sanger sequencing, gene synthesis, next generation sequencing, and GLP/CLIA regulatory-compliant services.
We are seeking energetic, self-reliant individuals who can translate innovative solutions into sales. Ideal candidates will have a successful track record in territory development and demonstrated sales results. You will have the benefit of working with and learning from a team of individuals with in-depth knowledge and expertise of our multitude of Service offerings. This position is an ideal opportunity for individuals who demonstrate the ability to effectively manage work independently. Overnight within the territory depending on residence and occasional travel for national sales meetings, and national trade shows.
The key focus areas of this position include the following:
- Achieve annual sales goals within defined territory/accounts through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of customer accounts including Biopharma, Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic Accounts
- Develop and implement an effective territory business growth plan
- Retain current business baseline revenue by managing relationships with customers and other account contacts with the help of the business leader over that business segment and the customer interface teams (technical support and project management)
- Drive the marketing process for the territory by creating a marketing plan, registering/planning/attending local vendor shows, creating and working with Marketing to execute email campaigns
- Established territory and expansion into new accounts by organizing and following up on leads, cold calling in person and by phone, meeting with customers and prospects on a regular basis, writing quotes and price lists, negotiating contracts with assistance from the Regional Sales Manager
- Learn and develop a mastery of required technical service line knowledge, skills and job responsibilities
Qualified candidates will have at least a 4-year undergraduate degree (Biology or Life Science, preferred) and 5+ years of related sales experience preferably in the direct Biotech market. Experience in Molecular Biology is desirable as well as the ability to sell into academic accounts, research institutions and small to mid-size biotech accounts.
We offer very competitive sales compensation and benefit packages. We currently have an opening in the Los Angeles / San Diego Area.