Laboratory Technician, Gene Synthesis
Location: 2910 Fortune Circle West, Suite E, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
GENEWIZ is looking for a Full-time Laboratory Technician I to join our Indianapolis team.
Position: Laboratory Technician I
Why Work at GENEWIZ:
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to have fun while making a difference by supporting genomics researchers through quality laboratory processing. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees. We are firm believers of promoting from within and many of our Managers started with GENEWIZ in entry-level positions. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
Our Lab Techs are:
Quality driven processers. When our customers send us samples for sequencing, they help to prepare and process these samples as quickly and as awesomely as possible, while maintaining the highest quality standards in the industry. They prepare DNA templates which include preparation, amplification and PCR purification and load these samples onto the sequencers. They also work to prepare buffers and other related solutions.
Customer focused. Our Lab Techs strictly adhere to laboratory SOPs to ensure quality and safety and often communicate with our customers via email. They understand our customer needs with empathy and know that everything they do is making a difference.
The best at what they can be. They are proactive, detail oriented, able to meet tight deadlines, and strive in fast-paced work environments. They understand the big picture, while paying attention to the details. We even have a dedicated training program to ensure our Lab Techs are set up for success.
If you’re great at:
- Strictly following SOPs and site trainer’s direction as it relates to sample handling, project processing and related documentation
- Adhering to safety protocols to ensure a safe environment
- Receiving and sort incoming samples or orders based on designed workflow
- Performing oligo synthesis, including: initiation synthesis runs, deprotection, post-synthesis processing and QC
- Communicating with customers by e-mail in a professional manner
- Labware Washing, biohazard waste collection and packaging of samples and related material
- Assisting and maintain the cleanliness of work area
- Open to feedback and proactively works to address gaps/issues
- Ability to learn and retain new concepts and tasks
- Takes ownership of actions and results
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Open to flexible work hours based on business demand
- Molecular biology techniques: PCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning and sanger sequencing result analysis.
- HS Diploma required
- A.S. Degree or B.S degree with lab experience preferred