Location: 2910 Fortune Circle West, Suite E, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
The Automation Engineer at Brooks Life Sciences will oversee the automation and optimization of laboratory and manufacturing steps within the biorepository.
- Design, implement and maintain autonomous, automated sample transportation systems.
- Design, implement and maintain robotic handling of life science sample containers.
- Integrate the mentioned topics with complex robotic liquid handling methods
- Scripting automated workflows on robotic liquid handlers
- Working collaboratively with our scientists and software engineers to build efficient automated laboratory workflows in support of genomics
- Creating and executing maintenance protocols and calibration routines for robotic peripherals
- DOE and execution of robotic system qualifications
- Implementing real time quality control measures into automated systems to track liquid handling performance, and detect/predict failure events.
- Acting as an important member of our team with a focus on driving our business through technology.
- BS or MS in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline
- 2+ years of Autonomous and/or mobile robotics experience
- Expert ability to create, validate, optimize and maintain liquid handling processes on robotic workstations.
- Experience with programming automated systems (e.g. Hamilton Star, Beckman FX/NX, Tecan Evo).
- Ability to design, document and communicate complex laboratory workflows and requirements to a cross functional team.
- Computational and/or AI based vision engineering
- Experience with relevant software languages such as C#, Java, SQL, LabView
- Energetic and self-motivated. Able to work independently and as part of a team.