Lab Accessioner, NGS
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Lab Accessioner to join our Next Generation Sequencing team.
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Receiving specimens and accessioning in the LIMS system. Accurately identify, label and transport specimen to designated lab area.
- Properly comment any additional or missing information and contact office staff with a request.
- Promptly notifies immediate supervisor of exceptions and/or unusual occurrences.
- Properly handles and stores ambient, refrigerated, and frozen specimens. Properly discard specimen according to SOP.
- Pack and ship remaining specimens back to customers upon request.
- Properly operate centrifuges, dispose of contaminated materials, keep work areas supplied and clean.
- Assist lab scientists with the operation of standard laboratory instruments.
- Clean work area, surrounding laboratory after completion of work day.
- Handle hazardous waste in accordance to preset policies, protocols and regulatory standards.
- Perform routine laboratory assistant duties according to SOP.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Frequently lifts boxes that weigh up to 25 lbs
- Previous medical or production experience is a plus
- Understanding of Laboratory quality control and assurance preferred
- Comfortable handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong data entry and organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office