Scientist I R&D
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Scientist I to join our Research & Development team.
Title: Scientist I
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Develop, design, plan and execute product and service projects related to tissue culture, genome editing, viral packaging, molecular biology, biochemistry and genomics/genetics research under GLP regulations
- Develop and optimize SOPs to streamline and improve current and new production processes
- Report and present project strategy, approach, results, and conclusions to team, internal/external stakeholders, and the company
- Lead or support technical trouble shooting efforts for R&D and other groups
- Support company technical efforts and intellectual property management
- Support troubleshooting efforts for production projects
- Support Sales and Marketing departments with related business development efforts
- Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Immunology or Genomic Sciences required
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Immunology or Genomic Sciences preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on lab experience in a wide range of tissue culture, molecular biology, bioinformatics and genomic methodologies including but not limited to various nucleic acid related techniques, protein purification and assay development
- Hands on viral packaging and genome editing preferred
- Proficient in reviewing technical literature and formulating research plans accordingly
- Highly motivated, creative, and organized with good record keeping skills
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced CRO environment
- Great interpersonal and communication skills in English, both verbal and written, are essential
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ