Location: 2910 Fortune Circle West, Suite E, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
GENEWIZ, a Brooks Life Sciences Company is looking for a Scientist II in Indianapolis, IN. The successful candidate will directly and independently lead daily lab operations to ensure maintenance of operational excellence.
Key responsibilities include;
- Development/implementation of initiatives directed towards optimized productivity including a cost reduction strategy, effective resource allocation and automation improvements
- Creates and updates SOPs as necessary to ensure operational excellence of day to day operations including backup plans
- Proactively works with R&D/business/others to gain efficiencies and meet/exceed company goals including process improvements and new service development
- Independently makes decisions including troubleshooting and addressing unforeseen issues in order to meet customer service expectations
- Plans well to ensure proper resource allocation including managing vacation schedules, overtime and sporadic back-up support
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills by effectively communicating, building rapport, and resolving conflict constructively with team members.
- Ensures a safe lab environment by following operating procedures, monitoring/addressing related concerns and making adjustments in policies and procedures as necessary
- Works with vendors and other lab operation departments to ensure reagent cost containment and consumable purchases.
- Supports customer facing teams by providing information about manufacturing practices including quality control metrics, reagents used, and any other related documentation.
- Effectively manages customer orders information by using LIMS system and other ways of communication including email to provide project related information in a timely manner
The ideal candidate has:
· Knowledge in oligonucleotide manufacturing including synthesis, liquid handling, purification and quality control (including mass spectroscopy) including experience in manufacturing and lab automation environments
· Experience in molecular biology techniques (PCR, gel electrophoresis, cloning, gene synthesis, Sanger sequencing, plasmid DNA preparation)
· Exceptional customer service, communication, and decision-making skills including the ability to work well with others in order to maximize interactions/relationships
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field, plus 3+ years of directly-related experience. PhD in related field preferred.
· Ability to lift 25 pounds; required to travel on a limited basis