Associate Scientist II
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. A generous benefits package, various growth opportunities through learning and development programs, and working with and learning from the best in the industry are just a few of the perks that a GENEWIZ employee receives.
We are seeking an Associate Scientist II to join our Regulatory Services team.
Title: Associate Scientist II
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Carry out PCR and sequencing, Mutation Analysis, Plasmid DNA Preparation, cDNA/gDNA Verification, Site-directed Mutagenesis, DNA Cloning and related molecular biology projects where applicable
- Related tasks to include but are not limited to: PCR amplification, post-reaction preparations, sequencing data analysis, DNA/RNA extractions, cDNA generation, DNA transformation, and restriction digest analysis
- Handle more than one type of MB order independently including DNA prep, mutation analysis, cDNA verification, mutagenesis, and primer walking
- Knowledge of using CLIMS for sample submission/data retrieval for sequencing orders as well as project data delivery and ERP for project handling and customer communication tracking
- Contribute to project design, data analysis, trouble shooting and project report
- Communicate with customers by phone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner to assist with simple troubleshooting efforts
- Perform routine maintenance of key equipment, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences is required
- Master’s degree in Life Sciences is preferred
- 5+ years of previous lab experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Closely follow Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)