Trainee Laboratory Technician
Location: Takeley, Essex, United Kingdom
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, competitive compensation and rewarding bonus programs.
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Trainee Laboratory Technician to join our Sanger sequencing Team based in Takeley, Essex.
No previous experience is required as all necessary training will be given, applicants must have a positive “can do” attitude.
Location: Takeley, Essex
- Processing work orders; data recording both manually and electronically
- Prepare sequencing template, including: preparation, amplification and PCR purification
- Check inventory and replenish consumable supplies
- Prepare buffers and related solutions for onsite processors.
- Strictly follow SOPs and Manager’s direction in training, sample handling, project processing and documentation.
- Assist and maintain the cleanliness of work area
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Must be able to do shift work
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to manage own load, work under pressure and to multiple deadlines
- Great analytical approach and problem solving
- Be an effective team-player committed to company goals
- Keen, Self motivated, proactive and a self starter
- Ability to react to situations with a “sense of urgency” and responsibility
- Must have some IT literacy, including MS Word and Excel
- Own transportation preferable
- Good references