Assistant Manager, Oligonucleotide Synthesis
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
Want to be a part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
GENEWIZ is seeking an Assistant Manager to join our Oligonucleotide Synthesis team.
Title: Assistant Manager
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Manage daily oligonucleotide synthesis operations to ensure consistent high-quality products and excellent on-time delivery.
- Responsible for onboarding of new equipment, ensuring the completion of routine equipment maintenance and basic troubleshooting of malfunctioning equipment.
- Effectively manages employees to foster a well-balanced productive environment by coaching, training, and setting clear expectations including providing regular feedback and by-annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for hiring/recruiting employees in alignment with business growth objectives.
- Works with vendors and other lab operation departments to ensure continuous supply and cost-effective practices are in place.
- Track and report operations performance including analysis of data for resource planning.
- Support the development of initiatives directed towards optimized productivity including a cost reduction strategy, effective resource allocation and automation improvements.
- Ensure a safe lab environment by following operating procedures, monitoring/addressing related concerns, and adjusting in policies and procedures as necessary.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, experience, abilities, and other requirements):
- B.S degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field with 3+ years of experience is required.
- Advanced degree in related field with 5+ years of experience is preferred.
- Previous experience lab operations experience in production environment is required. Lab management experience in preferred.
- Knowledge in oligonucleotide manufacturing (including synthesis, liquid handling, purification and quality control) is highly preferred.
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.