Scientist I, Process Development
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is looking to welcome an experienced Scientist I to join our Next Generation Sequencing team.
If you have a passion for genomics and go-getter attitude, we want to hear from you!
Title: Scientist I – Process Development
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make a difference. We are proactive, committed to what we do, aspire to do more and have the potential for greatness! We have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun work culture! We are committed to the growth and development of our employees and we are firm believers of promoting from within. We offer competitive benefits ranging from work-life balance programs to comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans.
A Day in the life:
- Develop, validate, and implement new NGS workflows, services, solutions, and platforms
- Improve cost, efficiency, and performance of existing workflows
- Aid in conducting wet lab service with custom project requirements that fall outside of standard procedures
- Leverage customer insights to research new NGS workflows applicable to GENEWIZ customer base
- Communicate project requirements, status, and deadlines with internal teams
- Aid in developing Marketing materials to promote new services and solutions
- Assist in training Sales, Marketing, and PM on new NGS services and solutions
- Work with NGS Business Operations team to provide customers with pre-sale consultation and after-sale technical support
What you will need:
- MS or PhD in Biological Sciences required
- Strong knowledge of next-generation sequencing, including wet and dry lab, required
- Hands-on next-generation sequencing wet lab experience, required
- Strong track record of assay development, required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.