Business Development Manager
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
ORGANIZATION Brooks Automation, Inc. (NASDAQ: BRKS)
POSITION Business Development Manager
LOCATION San Francisco, CA area
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
The Business Development Manager is commercially oriented and works collaboratively with clients and internal stakeholders in project management office, sales, sales operations and Sample and Repository Solutions (SRS) operations to drive sales opportunities to closure in a timely manner. They are also to generate revenue by further developing client accounts, understanding and interpreting clients’ needs and requirements and obtaining orders for additional work.
Key focus areas:
- Achieve annual sales goals within defined territory/accounts through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer accounts including Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, and Academic Accounts
- Develop and implement an effective territory business growth plan
- Retain current business baseline revenue by managing relationships with customers and other account contacts with the help of the business leader over that business segment and the customer interface teams (technical support and project management)
- Drive the marketing process for the territory by creating a marketing plan, registering/planning/attending local vendor shows, creating and working with Marketing to execute email campaigns
- Grow revenue and expand territory into new accounts by organizing and following up on leads, cold calling in person and by phone, meeting with customers and prospects on a regular basis, writing quotes and price lists
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required (Biology or Life Sciences preferred)
- 7+ years of related experience required (direct Biotech sales preferred)
- Background in Molecular Biology required
Relevant additional requirements:
- Proven track record of breaking into new accounts by cold calling and launching new territories
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing and able to travel overnight as required (up to 50% of time depending on territory)
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a hunter mentality to join our global sales teams. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have an opening in the San Francisco, California area.