Technical Application Scientist, NGS
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
We are looking to welcome an experienced Technical Application Scientist to join our growing team! Do you have experience with Next Generation Sequencing and knowledge of up-and-coming genomics technologies? Do you have excellent communication, a penchant for travel, a go-getter attitude, and experience in business development? If your answer is yes to either of those questions, you could be the perfect fit for our team!
We are seeking Technical Application Scientist to join our Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) team.
Title: Technical Application Scientist
- Communicate project requirements, status, and deadlines with customers and internal teams
- Design and execute customer care workflows
- Promote NGS business by visiting prospective and current customers, attending vendor shows and conferences, and providing technical webinars and poster presentations
- Assist Marketing with various initiatives to improve value propositions, brand awareness, and market share
- Train Sales, Marketing, and PM on NGS services and solutions
- Work with various internal teams to provide customers with superior pre-sale consultation and after-sale technical support
- MS Degree in Biological Sciences required
- PhD in Biological Sciences preferred
- Strong knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing, both wet and dry lab, required
- 2+ years of hands-on Next Generation Sequencing experience, both wet and dry lab, preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to travel overnight (up to 50%)
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.