Sales Associate II
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
We are seeking energetic, self-reliant individuals who can translate innovative solutions into sales. Ideal candidates will have a successful track record in territory development and demonstrated sales results. You will have the benefit of working with and learning from a team of individuals with in-depth knowledge and expertise of our multitude of Service offerings. This position is an ideal opportunity for individuals who demonstrate the ability to effectively manage work independently and can travel.
Key focus areas:
- Support annual sales goals within defined territory/accounts through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of customer support including Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic Accounts
- Support and implement an effective territory business growth plan with guidance from Sales Manager and Sales Executives
- Retain current business baseline revenue by managing relationships with customers and other account contacts with the help of the business leader over that business segment and the customer interface teams (technical support and project management)
- Drive the marketing process for the Region by supporting marketing plans, registering/planning/attending local vendor shows, creating and working with Marketing to execute email campaigns
- Support high growth potential region by organizing and following up on leads, cold calling in person and by phone, meeting with customers at academics, writing quotes and price lists, contracts with assistance from the Regional Sales Manager
- Learn and develop a mastery of required technical service line knowledge, skills and job responsibilities
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required (Biology or Life Sciences preferred)
- 1+ years of related sales experience required (direct Biotech sales preferred)
- Background in Molecular Biology desired
- Ability to sell into academic accounts, research institutions and small to mid-sized biotech accounts
Relevant additional requirements:
- Proven track record of breaking into new accounts by cold calling and launching new territories
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing and able to travel overnight as required (up to 50% of time depending on territory)
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a hunter mentality to join our global sales teams. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have an opening in the San Francisco, California area.