Strategic Account Manager - Informatics
Location: United Kingdom - Remote
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
The Informatics Strategic Account Manager (SAM) will be responsible for development and growth of the company’s most strategic customers. The SAM will lead all sales related facets of strategic alignment, relationship management, sales process and engagement to support the growth of the Informatics business. The objective of this role is to develop an integrated relationship model and sales approach that can allow Brooks to partner with targeted customers in a solution-based delivery model.
- Oversees alignment with key account business drivers and assures continuity between Sales and delivery (solutions) teammates. Explore and discover informatics growth opportunities and assist in the development of the associated business case for growth, both organic and inorganic.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the customer from a strategy, financial performance, compelling event (news/developments of relevance to Informatics), and relationship standpoint.
- Coordinates engagement and planning with Brooks’ colleagues on an overall customer engagement approach that leverages all assets of the Informatics offerings to align and contribute to a comprehensive solution approach.
- Contributes to solution design and approach once customer need is defined (current, desired, and future state). Work closely with development and solutions teams to balance schedule, risk and escalation and ensure trade-offs properly managed to deliver business growth.
- Partners with key stakeholders to build the brand of the company as a premier provider for the Global Strategic account clients.
- Advises senior management on developments within the marketplace, competitive intelligence, emerging trends impacting clients and innovation/strategy development as we bring new solutions to market.
- Manages the creation and follow up of sales proposals with the Sales Operations organization.
- Manages and maintains a customer lead database within Salesforce CRM in a timely and accurate manner.
- Protect the organizations value by ensuring any release of confidential information and intellectual property relating to software is appropriately managed.
Candidate Qualifications / Education/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA Preferred)
- Strong negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Minimum 5 years consultative sales experience with history of selling to C or D level contacts
- Minimum 5 years senior level sales or management experience within the Academic, Pharmaceutical and/ or Life Sciences industry
- Proven sales track record with large account management program opportunities
- Proven track record of building and maintaining trusted relationships with clients
- Expert in deal management and negotiation for long term, strategic relationships
- Expert in managing complex, long term, global account relationships in team and solution-based selling environments.
- IT literacy with an ability to communicate appropriately to a range of audiences
- Experience of software pre-sales or managing software projects.
- Experience of working with Brooks Life Science Services/ Products
- Previous specialized sales training including demonstration/presentation skills
- Experience in configuring Informatics solutions
Experience using CRM tools such as SalesForce