Inside Sales Representative
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
We currently have an opening for an Inside Sales Representative Life Sciences sales organization. With a network of sample storage solutions tied to the most flexible clinical sample management platform, the Services and Informatics business provides a solution for every researcher and scientist around the world. This position will drive success by generating sales demand and pipeline revenue through inbound and outbound lead development. The primary focus of this role is to identify the most fruitful lead sources and build a strong funnel of high-quality opportunities. The role will work closely with the Field Sales teams, Sales Senior Management and Marketing to achieve aggressive growth targets. Ideal candidates will have a basic understanding of laboratory structures across various industries and understand data management and configurations in a laboratory. We are searching for individuals who convey a sense of confidence, ambition, are goal focused and comfortable taking initiative.
Key focus areas:
- Work within a defined territory or Services group to generate and qualify new leads and opportunities – make outbound calls to new customers via telephone and email, cold call, cross-sell, up-sell
- Manage the early sales cycle for opportunities in your territory
- Work cooperatively with Marketing to develop promotional campaigns and messaging to build brand awareness
- Build understanding and trusted relationships with prospective customers to identify the appropriate services and create great experiences
- Coordinate closely with Account Executives. Manage and track activities and opportunities
- Build cooperative relationships with other groups within the organization to support the business needs
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in either a life science field, computer science or business management
- 2-5 years of professional inside sales or sales development experience in a fast-paced environment, high growth environment
Relevant additional requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Executes with an attention to detail, good time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Analytical and metrics-driven
- Strong computer skills with all Office applications and CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Willingness to travel as needed (rated seldom ~10%)
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a hunter mentality to join our global sales teams. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. We currently have a remote opening but prefer someone in the Indianapolis, Indiana or South Plainfield, New Jersey areas.