Regional Sales Manager – South-West Region
Location: 15 Elizabeth Drive, Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States of America
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated biosample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing the revenue and expanding the company brand in the assigned large region with significant revenue, and for managing the Sales Team in the assigned region.
The Regional Sales Manager gives direction to sales staff towards possible resources, sales strategies and contributing in sales promotions. They coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establishes training programs for sales professionals. They develop, forecast, monitor budgets, and utilize operational resources.
Key focus areas:
- Achieve annual Regional sales goals by driving and supporting the team in their efforts for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer accounts including Pharmaceutical Companies, Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic Accounts and Government Institutions
- Recruit, hire, and train a team of sales professionals
- Manage a team of sales professionals through driving, supporting, and mentoring them including:
- Remote field work 15%-50% of the time
- Driving larger opportunities and key account management
- Tracking and driving sales activity metrics to meet company standards
- Day to day management tasks such as PTO approval, expenses and expense report approvals
- Forecast future Regional revenue business growth for planning purposes
- Support in design and implementation of compensation plans including bonuses, SPIFS, and commissions
- Collaborate with business and functional unit managers to propel the business forward
- Improve efficiency of the sales team through process development and refinement
- Grow up leaders as a succession plan to support company growth
Candidate qualifications / education/ experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology or Life Sciences required
- 10+ years of experience selling scientific services and/or products to Pharmaceutical and Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic, and Government Accounts required
- 12+ years of related experience preferred
Relevant additional requirements:
- Proven track record of managing a large amount of revenue
- Proven track record of mentoring and training sales people
- Proven track record in closing institutional partnerships, Sciquest punch-outs and other marketplace type programs
- Proven track record of breaking into new accounts by cold calling
- Proven track record of building and maintaining sales teams
- Proven track record of launching new territories and selling into academic accounts, research institutions, biotech accounts, pharma, and large global accounts
- Proven track record of managing global/national strategic accounts and selling to high level contacts
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willing and able to travel overnight as required (up to 50% of time depending on territory)
We are building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus and are looking for exceptionally talented individuals with an appreciation for life sciences and a customer service mentality to join our sales team to lead it into the future. If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you! We offer an exceptional compensation and benefits package. This position is remote-based in the western region of the U.S.