Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world?
We are seeking a Scientist I to join our GENE Editing team.
Title: Scientist I
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Independently design and/or troubleshoot complex issues with CRISPR Gene Editing and Virus Packaging
- Provide customized consultation services based on an intrinsic knowledge of Azenta’s service options for Gene Editing service
- Develop new operational procedures and improve existing procedures for process improvement
- Be able to effectively summarize and clearly report on a wide range of service line related tasks
- Drives execution of the project in a manner that achieves delivery, project goals/objectives and the agreed plan without compromising project deliverables or relationships.
- Review and sign-off on quotes and project reports written by junior group members
- PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or a related discipline is required
- Post-doctoral work experience preferred
- Bilingual in Mandarin strongly preferred
- Knowledge of gene editing techniques, including CRISPR, plasmid construction, cell culture, cell transfection, virus (lentivirus and AAV) packaging preferred
- Experience working with CRISPR on mammalian cell line, and working in a regulatory environment are preferred
- Experience performing laboratory work at a biosafety level 2 (BSL-2) level
- Team player with a strong customer orientation
- Ability to multi-task with a drive to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented, with a strong recordkeeping skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; both verbal and written
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.