Associate Scientist, RS (12pm-8pm)
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services. Our customers depend on GENEWIZ to achieve results in a rapid, cost-effective manner through specialized expertise and customizable, scalable services.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. A generous benefits package, various growth opportunities through learning and development programs, and working with and learning from the best in the industry are just a few of the perks that a GENEWIZ employee receives.
We are seeking an Associate Scientist I to join our Molecular Genetics Regulatory Services team.
Title: Associate Scientist I
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Ability to independently carry out PCR and sequencing, Mutation Analysis, 16S sequencing, DNA preparation, Plasmid sequencing, cDNA verification, qPCR and related molecular biology projects
- Related tasks include but are not limited to: PCR amplification, post-reaction preparations, sequencing data analysis, qPCR, extraction of DNA and RNA, DNA transformation, restriction digest analysis, at the GLP-level or GMP-level.
- Communicate with customers by phone and e-mail in a friendly and professional manner
- Utilize Lasergene and similar DNA analysis software for analysis and reporting
- Assist with troubleshooting efforts
- Follow SOPs and guidance of supervisors
- Additional tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences is required
- 2+ years of previous lab experience is preferred
- GLP and/or GMP experienced is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques required
- Customer service experience is highly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Extreme attention to detail
- Closely follow Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)