Scientist I, Technical Support - Remote Based
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the best for the world? GENEWIZ is seeking a Remote Based Scientist I to join our Technical Support team. This position is a non-bench role that works closely with customers and the lab in order to effectively manage the customer interaction with GENEWIZ.
Title: Scientist I - Technical Support
Location: Remote Based
Purpose of this position:
The purpose of this position is to provide in-depth scientific support for customers, with a focus on a designated territory or region in the US. Scientists also serve as a scientific mentor to customer support associates from within the group. This position also serves to assist in daily tasks within the technical support team.
- Evaluate and report plates, especially those that do not pass our quality control. Proactively reach out to customers with large orders that do not pass our quality control.
- Perform new customer follow-ups and proactive follow ups from within a given territory.
- Must be able to take on TS operational projects and follow them through to completion
- Proactively manage workflow for key accounts including but not limited to: complaints, RIC (important customers), trending, giving presentations and occasional travel (2-3 times per year)
- Design customized troubleshooting strategies for associates to reference
- Create and coordinate interdepartmental projects
- Communicate with customers by phone, e-mail and live chat in a friendly and professional manner.
- Coordinate with labs to make sure issues get resolved or escalated properly
- Mentor new members to the Technical Support team through meetings, presentation and on the spot training when needed.
- MS Degree in Biological Sciences with 4+ years of related experience required
- PhD in Biological Sciences preferred
- Molecular biology expertise is required, including extensive cloning experience, DNA sequencing and complex construct assembly
- Some degree of Next Generation Sequencing experience is preferred
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Must be solutions oriented and a problem solver
- Closely follow Standard Operating Protocol (SOP)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and meet deadlines. Working with a sense of urgency is a must. Must be able to productively handle stressful situations at times.
GENEWIZ is a leading global genomics service company and trusted provider for DNA sequencing, gene synthesis, molecular biology, next generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and GLP regulatory services.
From the company’s founding, GENEWIZ has maintained its unwavering commitment to providing customers with the best value. Excelling in both science and customer support, GENEWIZ is dedicated to accelerating scientific discovery, as well as to developing and delivering innovative solutions for translational medicine and healthcare. Easily accessible around the world, GENEWIZ is the preferred partner at leading academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, agricultural, government, and clinical institutions.
GENEWIZ employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning opportunities, competitive compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work/life benefits designed to make your life easier.
Visit our Careers page at www.genewiz.com/careers to view our open positions and apply.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter @GENEWIZ