Senior Scientist, NGS
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
Want to be part of a company whose goal is to be the best in the world and the
best for the world?
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join our Next Generation Sequencing team.
Title: Senior Scientist
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
- Leverage internal and external resources to develop, validate, implement new wet and dry lab NGS workflows, services, solutions, and platforms
- Improve cost, efficiency, and performance of existing wet and dry lab workflows
- Research new NGS workflows applicable to Azenta customer base
- Communicate project requirements, status, and deadlines with internal teams
- Aid in developing Marketing materials and providing internal training to promote new services and solutions
- Provide support to Operations team to deliver custom projects
- Work with NGS Study Manager team to provide customers with pre-sale consultation and after-sale technical support
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, experience, abilities, and other requirements):
- MS or PhD in Biological Sciences, required
- Strong knowledge of next-generation sequencing, including wet and dry lab, required
- 7 years of hands-on next-generation sequencing wet and dry lab experience, preferred
- Strong track record of wet and/or dry lab assay development, required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.