Key Account Manager- Genomic Services
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
Brooks Life Sciences (BLS) is a global leader in the life sciences space with headquarters in Chelmsford, MA, and offices and operations worldwide. We are a market leader in automated bio sample management solutions and genomic services across areas such as drug development, clinical and advanced cell therapies for the industry's top pharmaceutical, biotech, academic and healthcare institutions globally. We provide unparalleled capabilities with our lab analysis, sample management and storage services, informatics software, and consumables, with the largest installed base managing over 1 billion samples globally.
Brooks Life Sciences is part of Brooks Automation (Nasdaq: BRKS).
At Brooks, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our purpose; to advance science and technology to enable a healthier and more connected world for everyone, everywhere. We believe each employee brings diverse perspectives, unique value and untapped potential that can be developed to mutually enrich the individual and the organization alike.
All we accomplish is grounded in our Core Values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value, and Integrity.
How this role adds value…
The Key Account Manager is the primary relationship owner for a portfolio of designated key accounts within their assigned region. They are responsible for building and maintaining strong client relationships, developing account management strategies, coordinating with internal teams to deliver solutions that meet clients' needs. They generate revenue by ensuring client satisfaction and driving retention, renewals, and expansion of new or existing business.
What this role is accountable to…
- Achieve annual sales goals within defined accounts through the development, maintenance, and enhancement of key customer relationships. Accounts may include high profile / high revenue generating Pharmaceutical Companies, Biotech Companies, Research Institutions, Academic Accounts, and the NIH within a designated region or territory.
- Drive growth by developing and successfully executing account management strategies.
- Collaborate with Marketing on creating a marketing plan, registering/planning/attending local vendor shows, creating and executing on campaigns
- Work cross-functionally with Inside Sales, Sales Specialists, Technical Support and Corporate Accounts ensuring effective collaboration of resources to deliver on client needs
Ideal candidate experience/ qualifications/ attributes…
- Bachelor's Degree required (Biology or Life Sciences preferred)
- Relevant experience (minimum 8 yrs.) supporting high profile accounts in a designated region/ territory
- Proven track record in meeting/ exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrates keen business acumen, sound decision making, analytical and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment; a consultative approach to managing complex client relationships
- Confident communication (written and oral) skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of internal and external organizations
- Willing and able to travel overnight as required (up to 50% of time depending on territory)