Lab Operations Supervisor, Oligo Synthesis
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America
We are seeking a Lab Operations Supervisor to join our Oligo Synthesis team in Cambridge, Massachusetts!
- Manage daily oligo synthesis operations to ensure consistent high-quality products and excellent on-time delivery.
- Responsible for onboarding of new equipment, ensuring the completion of routine equipment maintenance and basic troubleshooting of malfunctioning equipment.
- Effectively manages employees to foster a well-balanced productive environment by coaching, training, and setting clear expectations including providing regular feedback and by-annual performance reviews.
- Responsible for hiring/recruiting employees in alignment with business growth objectives.
- Works with vendors and other lab operation departments to ensure continuous supply and cost-effective practices are in place.
- Track and report operations performance including analysis of data for resource planning.
- Support the development of initiatives directed towards optimized productivity including a cost reduction strategy, effective resource allocation and automation improvements.
- Ensure a safe lab environment by following operating procedures, monitoring/addressing related concerns, and adjusting in policies and procedures as necessary.
- B.S degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field with 3+ years of experience is required.
- Advanced degree in related field with 5+ years of experience is preferred.
- Previous team management experience in production environment is preferred.
- Knowledge in oligonucleotide manufacturing (including synthesis, liquid handling, purification and quality control) is highly preferred.