Assistant Customer Support Scientist
Location: Remote - US, United States of America
Why Work at GENEWIZ:
GENEWIZ is a leading provider of genomics services to over 4,000 institutions around the world. We enable research scientists in the life sciences to advance their discoveries faster than ever before. Being a part of GENEWIZ means contributing to making a difference in the pursuit of scientific discoveries, better medicines, greener environments, and abundant healthy food supplies.
GENEWIZ is a place for people who want to make an impact by supporting genomics researchers around the globe. Our team is proactive, committed, and resourceful. We champion innovation, teamwork, and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and enjoyable work culture. We encourage the growth and development of our employees as they provide solid science and superior service to our customers.
Members of Technical Support are:
Customer focused: This is a non-bench role and our scientists are the nexus of communication between our customers, our laboratories, and our Sales teams across the United States. This role supports our Sanger sequencing, oligo synthesis, DNA preparation and our e-commerce service lines. An ideal candidate will enjoy interacting with people daily via phone, email, or live chat.
Excellent problem solvers: They work within our systems to identify the cause of an issue and effectively address questions or concerns. When customers have ambiguous questions, Technical Support staff can provide meaningful responses. Members of the team work to resolve problems with urgency, regardless of size and scope.
Efficient with high attention to detail: Our staff enjoy working in a fast-faced environment with a multitude of deadlines. They are respectful to the sensitivity of our customer projects and timelines and understand why the details are important.
The best at what they do. They understand that, as a customer-facing team, we represent the GENEWIZ brand. Technical Support staff have a constant drive for excellence in providing support to customers, meeting deadlines, and improving processes. We are seeking an individual that is not satisfied with meeting expectations and continuously looks for ways to make themselves, their co-workers, and their department better.
- Completing administrative tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicate with customers via email in a friendly and professional manner as needed
- Fast and timely communications to team members, especially to meet data reporting deadlines for our customer
- Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Assist in training new staff members on administrative tasks
- Follow Standard Operating Protocol and guidance of supervisors
- Assist with creating and completing internal projects to make the team more efficient
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- BS/BA degree in Life Sciences or equivalent years of experience preferred
- Background in molecular biology is preferred
- Prior customer service experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Word and Excel in strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Functions well in a fast paced, customer-oriented environment
- Ability to react to situations with a “sense of urgency”