Location: Takeley, Essex, United Kingdom
Trainee Laboratory Technician
Location: Takeley, Essex
We are seeking a Trainee Laboratory Technician to join our Sanger sequencing Team based in Takeley, Essex.
No previous experience is required as all necessary training will be given, applicants must have a positive “can do” attitude.
- Processing work orders; data recording both manually and electronically
- Prepare sequencing template, including: preparation, amplification and PCR purification
- Check inventory and replenish consumable supplies
- Prepare buffers and related solutions for onsite processors.
- Strictly follow SOPs and Manager’s direction in training, sample handling, project processing and documentation.
- Assist and maintain the cleanliness of work area
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Must be able to do shift work
- Excellent interpersonal skills; both verbal and written are essential
- Ability to manage own load, work under pressure and to multiple deadlines
- Great analytical approach and problem solving
- Be an effective team-player committed to company goals
- Keen, Self motivated, proactive and a self starter
- Ability to react to situations with a “sense of urgency” and responsibility
- Must have some IT literacy, including MS Word and Excel
- Own transportation preferable due to office location
- Good references