Director, Lab Automation
Location: South Plainfield, New Jersey, United States of America
At Azenta, formally Brooks Life Sciences, new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking are driving our future. Our customer-focused culture encourages employees to embrace innovation and challenge the status quo with novel thinking and collaborative work relationships.
All we accomplish is grounded in our core values of Customer Focus, Achievement, Accountability, Teamwork, Employee Value and Integrity. At Azenta, we are dedicated to enabling life sciences organizations around the world to bring impactful breakthroughs and therapies to market – faster.
What we do changes people's lives – including yours!
Title: Director, Lab Automation
Location: Flexibility to work in one of our three main lab locations! New Jersey, Massachusetts or Indiana.
- Lead an automation team to drive global process development of laboratory automation.
- Design and implement automation solutions based on specific needs for different business purposes and reuse modules based on best practices.
- Design and implement solutions for informatics innovation based on specific needs for different business purposes.
- Ensure that the implement solutions meet all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, and extensibility at global level.
- Ensure the required regulatory compliances depending on the individual business needs (including but not limited to FDA 21 CFR part 11, GDPR, and CLIA)
- Work with other development team members to define development standards by following development lifecycle, from appropriate technology and workflow to coding and/or implementation conventions.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Evaluate the market for new upcoming solutions and state-of-the-art technology in regards of the above scope.
- Coordinate and collaborate from a corporate perspective with other businesses at Azenta to enable synergies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life sciences or engineering field required.
- 10+ years of experience required
- 3-5 years of managerial experience
- Life sciences domain knowledge preferred.
- Relevant work experience in lab automation instrumentation, software development, and IT system management.
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods.
- Capability of research innovative solutions and choose the right solution for specific goals.
- The project development management experience with a track record of new product delivery.
- Experience of selection/hiring/building a team is preferred.
- Able to set priorities and guide teams based on global priority and business demands.
- Excellent communication skills in a multi-national company.
Health, Dental and Vision insurance effective on day of hire. Flexible paid time off and 12 paid holidays!
Other benefits include: 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Payback Assistance.